- Double-decker trains: these are brilliant! It’s time to re-design the UK to allow these. Whatever the cost!!
- Leg Room: Maybe due to having two decks, more legroom is afforded to each and every seat.
- Tables: as the legroom is increased, so is the size of the seat table, making it actually possible to use a laptop on one.
- Screens: in each carriage that displays which station you are approaching and at what time you are due to arrive
- Bins: it appears the Dutch can be trusted with bins. Each seat has one
- The absence of morons using speakers on phones: possibly less to do with the train itself and more the maturity of the people themselves.
- Noise: a gently fast whirring noise as opposed to clunky squeaky UK trains
- Speed actually looks and feels like we are travelling faster than 40mph
- Smells(1): that
ever presentsmell of toilet (especially prevalent on CrossCountry Trains) is lacking. This is good.
- Smells(2): the lack of diesel fumes
in generalis good.
Probably more I could think off, but not bad for first hour on board